Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Chloe and Happy Halloween!


Two weekends ago I drove up to Canada and spent 4 days with my sweet husband. While I was there we celebrated Chloe's 5th birthday! I'm usually completely camera happy but for some reason I didn't take a single picture all weekend (what is wrong with me!?!?!) But Chloe's mom got some pics so hopefully I can snag some from her to post soon...

I made Chloe a rainbow colored birthday cake and we had a nice family dinner all together. We also stopped in for Chloe's friend party where she got a very special visit from Princess Cinderella! Good times for all little princesses in attendance!

The rest of the weekend we spent enjoying our time together, spending time with the girls and doing a few things with the ward. We went to a test run of the wards emergency preparedness plan and attended church on Sunday. On Saturday Phil took Alishea and I out to visit an alpaca farm...we may have our own alpaca's someday (although according to Alishea, as soon as she's married we must leave the whole alpaca farm to her and move away haha)

Had a great weekend together, but broke my heart to leave. We've been spoiled since the wedding and have been able to see each other every other weekend...not so anymore. Now we must wait a month to see each other again when I go up for Thanksgiving. *sigh* I'm really getting tired of this not together stuff. The immigration process is so slow. We haven't even been able to apply yet because just getting all the documentation and stuff we need takes months on its own. I wish there was an easier way, being apart is so hard. I keep reminding myself that our situation now is so much better than it was a year ago before we could be together at all. That helps...its definitely better now. I just wish so much we could have a normal life and be a normal newlywed couple instead of being stuck 500 miles away from each other. I know someday it will all be over and we'll look back on this from a much happier place and all will be well...but for now, its just hard.

Halloween is usually one of my favorite times of the year. I love it! I get all into watching scary movies, I go costume shopping really early, I drag friends to haunted houses and carve pumpkins and make great fall food...the whole thing.

This year, I didn't do any of it. I don't even know why exactly. I think its a combination of things. First, Halloween started right after the wedding which naturally exhausted me. Plus adjusting to being married but still being apart hasn't been fun and has me feeling pretty depressed a lot of the time. But even more than that...its like I didn't have the desire to get all into the holiday by myself. I wanted to do all the fun things I usually do, but I didn't want to do them without Phil. Hopefully next year we'll be together and it will be a lot more fun. I did end up getting a costume very last minute for the Halloween party my employers hosted (and I worked my tail off for)



But I also ended up catching strep throat from one of my nanny kids which made the working a big party thing not at all exciting. I spent Sunday in bed all day trying to recover...oh well, still not as bad as the year I had a kidney stone for Halloween! Hopefully next Halloween I'll be with my family and we'll have all sorts of fun together...until then, I'll just have to deal with the lonliness I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Anything is better than a kidney stone! Your costume is really cute. I know what you mean about wanting to do holiday things with your family. Life really takes on a much richer meaning when you're married, and even more when you have children. The girls are lucky to have you. They're going to have a blast next year!

    ReplyDelete