Monday, October 18, 2010

One Month Down...An Eternity To Go!



One month ago today I married the most wonderful man in the whole world...my very best friend and now my eternal companion.



Yesterday was Stake Conference and the topic was temples. As I listened to speaker after speaker talk about and bear testimony of the wonderful blessings of temple worship and particularly of temple marriage, my mind kept drifting back a month ago to when Phil and I were in the temple kneeling across the alter from one another. There have been many spiritually significant moments in my life...baptism, confirmation, my endowment day, being with Phil for his endowment...all rank very high on my list of most special days and moments. But nothing, absolutely nothing could compare to the way I felt at that moment when Phil and I became sealed as husband and wife for time and all eternity. Looking in his eyes, seeing our forever together and knowing that nothing can take us away from each other so long as we live righteously was such an incredible moment and I will treasure it forever just as I'll always treasure my sweet husband.

Sitting in church yesterday I was overcome with joy and happiness knowing that I married the right man, in the right place, and by the right authority. It was a long and difficult journey to get there, but I am so grateful that we made it. I'm so grateful that I fell in love with a man who was worthy to take me to the temple. Our Stake President spoke about how he's attended some very fancy upscale and expensive weddings in NYC and how no matter how much money was spent or how grand it all was, none of them have ever even come close to being as special and wonderful as a temple sealing. I know this is absolutely true because no amount of money could have bought what I felt and what Phil and I received that day in blessings from our loving Heavenly Father. I feel like the luckiest girl in the whole world!



Phil, you are the love I never thought I'd find, you are my everything and I will love you for all eternity. Thank you for loving me, for marrying me in the temple and for being the most wonderful husband. I love you baby! Happy Anniversary! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

1 comment:

  1. It is so true — there are some things that money can't buy. I am also very grateful for my temple marriage. Thank you for letting me be there for your endowment and your sealing. I know you have made immense sacrifices to get to where you are today. Blessings will continue to fill your lives as you live the commandments. Love you!

    ReplyDelete