Monday, September 30, 2013

If I had a million dollars....I would buy you a horse!

This weekend we had the girls again and we kept busy busy! Abrianna's friend Kylea spent the night Friday and Saturday we had a lot to do! 

We started off with cleaning the church. Our families job was to wash the windows and set up chairs. It was nice for the girls to get the chance to do some service and help with the cleaning. Chloe even got to share the experience in primary yesterday and drew a picture of herself cleaning the windows :) cute stuff! 

After cleaning, we headed to the dollar store for Halloween costumes for the girls. Our Halloween party is coming up in a few weeks! I love Halloween and can't wait to get the house all decked out for the occasion! Phil and I went nuts grabbing even more decorations (because we don't have nearly enough already! Haha) and the girls got their costumes picked out. 

We grabbed some subs for lunch and then headed off to Phil's friends horse farm! We got to help groom one of the ponies and the girls had a blast playing with the new kittens and their many dogs. Me...I've decided we need a horse! Haha I've always wanted a horse....maybe someday we'll have one. For now, Phil's friends wife might me giving me a few riding lessons. I'm very excited for that! 




After the farm we did some work on our yard at home and finally got all our weeds pulled! They went crazy while we were in BC this Summer! Yard looks so much better now! 

Saturday night I went with my friend Melissa to karaoke and Alishea and a few of her friends joined us. So much fun! I love singing and going to karaoke has really helped me further that talent. Alishea did amazing too! She's such a great singer and has so much confidence while performing! 



Sunday we had testimony meeting at church and it was a much needed spiritual boost for me. I hated missing church the last few weeks. Being there really helps me get through each week. I have so much gratitude in my heart for Heavenly Father and His love and help especially with my eye issue last week. It's healed up much quicker than we thought and I'm so grateful there won't be any lasting damage. We are very blessed! I spent the afternoon listening to the General RS meeting and felt more spiritual strength from it. I love the gospel! 

To top off our weekend we had a family movie night and watched The Great & Powerful Oz. Cute movie! It was a really nice family weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment